Position Description: Cloud Bookkeeping Team Manager
Reports to: Stephanie Mack, owner of AccountMobility
The Cloud Bookkeeping Team Manager will help transition AccountMobility from a small to a large scale bookkeeping firm. This manager is responsible for organizing and preparing new client on-boarding for part-time and full time bookkeeping staff and while maintaining their own caseload of bookkeeping clients. AccountMobility has a progressive mindset to the new innovations in the accounting environment. We’re not your old school bookkeeping firm. We help clients work through the transition of becoming more streamlined and efficient so they can spend more time growing their business. This position will be on-site office in Essex Junction for regular work hours and client meetings. The team consists of 3 part-time staff. Seventy-five percent of the work is cloud or remote desktop based.
A candidate who Will be Successful in this position will:
Be committed to continual education. Has a high level of client skills, strong relationship building abilities
and is able to proactively overcoming client challenges. Understands how to be in charge and has strong
leadership abilities. Is proactive about what they need to be successful in the position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare team member projects so they are ready for project start date
- Maintain part-time caseload of bookkeeping clients
- Maintain effective communication amongst team members and clients
- Maintain bookkeeping team payroll and on-going client billing
- Anticipate problems and suggest solutions for both clients and team
- Update clients with a monthly report email
- Manage follow up on client questions + have remote meetings when appropriate
- Suggest product advancements for improving client workflow
- Handle various admin responsibilities for management
- Travel to conferences and on-going training to maintain high level knowledge of product
- Pass QuickBooks exams to become hired and maintain product certifications (training costs are covered)
- Maintain product certifications and bookkeeping accreditation (training costs are covered)
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration. If the degree was in Business Administration, preferred candidates will also have a minor in Accounting.
- Have worked with QuickBooks Desktop and/or Online for at least 5 years.
- Must have 3-years of client facing experience.
- Very organized, can stay on schedule, and can anticipate scheduling rearrangements.
- Needs to be good at understanding and following protocol.
- Able to juggle a lot of different scheduling requirements.
- Must be tech savvy and comfortable with both PC and Mac environments.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Salaried 1-year position following a 3-month trial period
- Full Time Position (30-40 hours)
- Parent-friendly hours
- Simple IRA benefits.
With more than 14 years training on QuickBooks products, Account Mobility is focused on providing our clients advice on best practices for conversion to cloud accounting and consulting services which support their accounting platform choice. We are located in the Essex Junction area, providing our accounting, troubleshooting and consulting services focused on service based, product based, and non-profits organizations.
To submit your application:
- Email email@example.com and put BOOKKEEPING TEAM MANAGER in the subject line
- Include a resume and cover letter
- References are requested